Back for more and better than last time we are ready to host another tournament at even higher efficiency! We’ve got certificates! We’ve got prize money! This tournament is open to all players of all skill levels.
Celebrate the Japan Town Cherry Blossom Festival with SF Go Club at our Cherry Blossom Tournament on Saturday April 16th. Help the Go Club demonstrate to the world what a Go tournament is all about to those visiting the Cherry Blossom festival. Take the opportunity to explore the cool Japanese culture events being held during the Cherry Blossom weekends.
Visit the Official Japan Town Cherry Blossom Website for information on all the events taking place over the two weekends.
Spend the evening at nearby Hotel Kabuki to take advantage of the entire weekend at Japan Town.
Light refreshments will be available at the Dojo.
- 3 round AGA ranked tournament
- 30 minutes with 5x30s Byo-yomi per game
- Over $300 in prize money to top players of each division
- 1st place of Dan Division gets to play Hajin Lee 4P on April 23rd at the SF Go Club (1 of only 3 available seats)
- Number of divisions depends on the number of players signed up. All skill levels are welcome to participate.
- Lunch provided for $15 (SF Go Club members free). Please be mindful of the time it will take to buy lunch in JapanTown because of the Cherry Blossom Festival crowds.
- AGA Membership is required to play.
|Registration||9:30am – 10:20am|
|Round 1 Pairing||10:30am|
|Round 1 Begin||10:45am|
|Lunch||12:30pm – 1:15pm|
|Round 2 Pairing||1:20pm|
|Round 2 Begin||1:30pm|
|Round 3 Pairing||3:20pm|
|Round 3 Begin||3:30pm|